Caterwil GTS 4WD Lux special features
The new Caterwil GTS 4WD Lux combines together the maximum level of functionality and comfort: it’s made to adjust to all the special needs, at the same time providing superb cross-country performance and maneuverability on different terrains in your local area. The main feature is its stair-climbing ability. The Caterwil is capable of overcoming stairs up to 20 cm high and up to 40 degrees of inclination! It doesn’t matter if the steps are steep, uneven or damaged – this electric wheelchair still be able to overcome them easily. This way you can enter any place that has stairways without additional help. The 4WD function is all about manoeuvrability, it ensures safety when passing over curbs, mud, snow and other obstacles on your way. All-wheel drive increases your confidence on the road and gives the opportunity to overcome what is impossible with a regular wheelchair. The Caterwil 4WD Lux can easily turn on the spot, which makes it easier for you to turn in small rooms or on the stair landings. Last but not least, the Lux seat adds the highest level of comfort and convenience to this model. The footrests and a perforated orthopedic seat cushion, which can be adjusted electrically, makes moving around in this Caterwil wheelchair as comfortable as possible. Special side supports help to achieve a suitable seating position for people who need to have their upper-body fixed.
What can be regulated?
- Seat cushion length. This option will be appreciated by tall people. Often the cushion does not reach knee level and the legs sort of dangle. This is not only uncomfortable, but also very unhealthy for the body. With this adjustment, you can lengthen the cushion, making it easier to travel, especially over long distances.
- Backrest tilt angle. This model allows you to adjust seat to backrest angle for any inclination. If you unfold it completely and make a couple more adjustments, the wheelchair turns into a bed.
- Upper-backrest tilt angle. This feature is especially important for people with cervical spine injuries. This way you can adjust the upper part of the backrest to the anatomical requirements of your body.
- Support in the middle of the back by extension and height (Lumbar support). This is a very important option, because in everyday movement there is a lot of stress and tension in the back muscles, so the special curve in the back of the seat will help to relieve this tension and make your ride more comfortable.
- The height of the headrest. Changing the height of the headrest allows you to adjust the wheelchair to your height and move comfortably over different distances.
- Tilt angle of each footrest. The footrests are electrically adjusted and allow you to control the position of both legs. Each footrest can be managed separately.
- Seat warmer. The Lux features dual-zone seat heating: in the seat cushion and in the backrest. This way you can bravely storm the city and countryside in the cold season.
All seat and footrest functions of the GTS 4WD Lux are operated via the controller. All adjustments can be made either by pressing the Up and Down buttons on the remote control or with the joystick. The GTS 4WD is by default equipped with a remote control with LCD display.
To help users to stop immediately, whether it happened on purpose or in case of power loss, the GTS 4WD Lux includes electro-magnetic brakes. When powered off, the wheelchair can be switched to manual mode, special handles are provided by the construction design.
Additionally, the GTS wheelchair can be equipped with 2 or 4-point seat belts.
The footrest and headrest can be easily detached for transportation. The wheelchair can be transferred in two positions: With minimum length. It can be achieved by switching into the wheel-mode, with the backrest adjusted for sitting position. The height without headrest is 116 cm, the length without footrest is 92 cm. With minimum height. In the track mode, the seat backrest can be reclined flat. The height is 85 cm, the length without footrests is 120 cm. The total width of the wheelchair is 65 cm, so with the Caterwil GTS 4WD Lux wheelchair you can easily travel on trains and planes. The engines of the GTS 4WD can be turned off by turning the switches under the seat by 90 degrees. After switching them, the wheelchair can be used in the companion mode, so it can be rolled as a regular wheelchair, using the handles.
|Length (including footrests)||cm||123-140 (depends on the position of the footrests)|
|Length (without footrests)||cm||92|
|Height in transportation mode||cm||116|
|Height of the backrest||cm||65|
|Height of the armrests||cm||16-29 (adjustable)|
|Weight (with batteries)||kg||114|
|Max. load capacity||kg||100|
|Driving wheels (pneumatic, sound-absorbing)||mm||355|
|Max speed on wheels||km/h||7|
|Max speed on tracks||km/h||0.8|
|Max distance range||km||25|
|Max stairs angle||deg||40|
|Max step height||mm||200|
|Battery capacity||Ah||42 (Lithium)|
|Motor operating voltage||V||24|
|Lightning options||Front and rear lights|
|Additional safety options||Protective covers on the track platform; Mechanism to prevent the tracks from slipping over the wheels; Reinforced chain drive; Sealed electronics module according to IP66 standard; Ball bearings in track pulleys|
You may also like…
Sun and rain roof for Caterwil GTSPrice: $250
Separator for Caterwil GTSPrice: $120
Additional controller for Caterwil GTSPrice: $190
Driving mirror for Caterwil GTSPrice: $75
Body support for Caterwil GTSPrice: $220
Lithium battery of 40 km for Caterwil GTSPrice: $1,100
Controller with LCD for CaterwilPrice: $380
2 points Safety belt for Caterwil GTSPrice: $90
Caterwil programmerPrice: $45
Charger with car connectorPrice: $45
4 points Safety belt for Caterwil GTSPrice: $140